The CFA helps individuals and families affected by cystic fibrosis in Erie and Crawford counties for medical-related expenses not covered by other programs. These reimbursements are referred to as direct dollar disbursements ("DDD") and must meet the requirements of the Organization's policy provided below.
1. Reimburse $125 per appointment for eligible CF treatment centers and hospitals.
2. CF related co-pays for doctors’ visits, hospital stays, and prescriptions not covered by insurance.
3. Over-the-counter non-prescriptions, and supplements. (with limitations.)
4. Hotel stay for a caregiver, at a reasonable rate and up to 14 days when a CF patient is hospitalized.
5. Meal assistance for caregiver when patient is hospitalized up to $25 a day.
6. Patient hospitalization; day of admission $125 and an additional $125 for day of discharge.
7. Other CF related expenses on a case-by-case basis and within the framework of CFA policies and bylaws.