Symptoms of cystic fibrosis are different for everyone.
on the severity of the disease, some people may not even experience
symptoms until adolescence or adulthood. Symptoms can also worsen or
improve over time.
CF has a variety of symptoms that affect both the respiratory and digestive systems including:
- Salty-tasting skin
- Persistent cough and excessive mucus
- Frequent lung infections
- Wheezing or shortness of breath
- Poor weight gain and growth
- Foul-smelling, greasy stools
- Frequent greasy, bulky stools or difficulty in bowel movements
- Severe constipation
- Stomach aches
- Vitamin deficiency